Health benefits of Button mushrooms
- Button mushrooms are very low in calories. They offer essential protein and amino acids, sufficient levels of mineral, vitamins, and fiber.
- Button mushrooms carry vitamin-D in the form of ergocalciferol. Vitamin-D is an essential fat-soluble vitamin required for bone growth and calcium metabolism.
It carries excellent levels of selenium, copper, phosphorus, zinc, and potassium.
- 100 g contain 0.318 mg or 37% RDI of copper. It is essential for blood cell production (hemtopoiesis), neurotransmission, and as a co-factor for oxidative enzymes.
- 100 g of buttom mushrooms carry 9.3g or 17% RDI of selenium. Selenium is co-factor nutrient for the antoxidant enzyme, glutathione peroxidase. It plays a critical role in the integrity of liver and heart tissues.
- It is rich in the B-complex group of vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), and pantothenic acid.
- 100 g of buttom mushrooms carry 0.402 mg or 37% RDI of riboflavin (vitamin B-2). Riboflavin deficiency could lead to ulcers in the mouth, cracked lip and mouth angles (angular stomatitis), scaly skin rashes, etc.
There are no reviews yet.