- As green chillies contain Vitamin C it helps to maintain
- healthy and glowing skin. In addition to that, it also contains Vitamin E,
- which fights the signs of aging. Moreover, the antibacterial properties in
- green chillies also help to manage acne and blemishes.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of green chillies help to
- lower the pain levels in the body especially for people suffering from
- arthritis and osteoporosis.
Nutritional Value of Green Chilli
- Green chillies are a rich source of many nutrients. The bioactive compounds include alkaloids, flavonoids, phenolics, essential oils, tannins, steroids, and capsaicin.4 The nutritional components present in green chilli are given below.
Nutritional Component Value
Carbohydrates : 9.46 g
Proteins : 2 g
Fats : 0.2 g
Fibre : 1.5 g
Sugar : 5.1 g
Iron : 1.2 mg
Calcium : 18 mg
Phosphorous : 46 mg
Magnesium : 25 mg
Potassium : 340 mg
Copper : 0.174 mg
There are no reviews yet.