Fast facts on cauliflower:
- Here are some key points about . More detail is in the main article.
- is as good a source of fiber and vitamins.
Its ingredients may help strengthen bones, boost the cardiovascular system, and prevent cancer.
Tasty ways of eating include cauliflower crust pizza and cheese soup.
People who are using blood thinners should not suddenly start eating a lot because the high levels of vitamin K could react adversely with the drugs.
- One cup of raw will provide:
- 77 percent of daily vitamin C needs
20 percent of daily vitamin K needs
10 percent or more of daily needs for vitamin B 6 and folate
- It also contains smaller amounts of thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and manganese.