7 Potential Health Benefits of Beets
1. Juice Lowers Blood Pressure
2. Are a Good Source of Gut-Friendly Fiber
3. May Boost Endurance and Athletic Performance
4. Also Thanks to Nitrates, Beets Can Enhance Cognition
5. Anti-Inflammatory Properties May Improve Joint Health
6. May Improve Outcomes in Liver Disease
7. The Antioxidants in Beets Possess Cancer-Fighting Properties
Precautions to Take with Beetroot:
- When using beetroot, you need to follow these precautions
- Precautions for pregnant women
- Consumption of considered acceptable during pregnancy.7 However, like all foods, beetroots should be eaten in moderation.
- Precautions for breastfeeding women
- Eating if you are a nursing woman does not lead to nitrate poisoning in the infant. The baby is safe as the nitrate content of does not leach out significantly in breastmilk.
- Precautions for children
- Beetroots have high nitrate content and might cause nitrate poisoning in infants if given directly. They should be avoided in infants aged three months or below.6
- Before using for any health effects, talk to your doctor or physician about any precautions you might need to take. Consulting with your doctor will help you make better choices and avoid adverse health effects.